Guardianships And Conservatorships in California

Adults are assumed to be capable of making their own decisions and acting in a way that is in their own best interests. However, there are times when a person lacks this ability, and some people never have this capability. California State law provides for the appointment of an alternate decision-maker to act when someone cannot make decisions for themselves. These court-appointed decision makers are called guardians and conservators. The person needing the guardian's help is called the ward.

In situations where these issues arise, consulting an attorney is prudent.

If you have any questions about probate guardianships and conservatorships, please contact Mr. Gourde at (949) 825-6525.


Thomas L. Gourde, Partner - Ray & Gourde, LLP
111 Pacifica, Suite 120 - Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 825-6525 - Fax: (949) 825-6544 - Email: